Germany's Merkel: EU leaders agree roadmap for future of currency union
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU leaders gave their stamp of approval to a deal on bank supervision intended to help in ending three years of crisis, but they differed widely over the next steps for the euro currency union.
The leaders were to resume talks later on Friday for the second day of their last summit of 2012.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting |
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels