Generali says no resolution on PPF partnership on board agenda
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy's biggest insurer Assicurazioni Generali (GASI.MI) said on Friday its board would not discuss a resolution of its partnership with the Czech PPF group at a board meeting on Friday.
Several newspapers said on Friday Generali could reach an agreement in January to buy the remaining 49 percent stake in a venture it has with PPF.
PPF, controlled by Czech businessman Petr Kellner, has the option to sell its 49 percent in the venture as of July 2014 to Generali or a third party for an estimated value of more than 2 billion euros.
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base