Generali says no resolution on PPF partnership on board agenda
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy's biggest insurer Assicurazioni Generali (GASI.MI) said on Friday its board would not discuss a resolution of its partnership with the Czech PPF group at a board meeting on Friday.
Several newspapers said on Friday Generali could reach an agreement in January to buy the remaining 49 percent stake in a venture it has with PPF.
PPF, controlled by Czech businessman Petr Kellner, has the option to sell its 49 percent in the venture as of July 2014 to Generali or a third party for an estimated value of more than 2 billion euros.
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter