Generali says no resolution on PPF partnership on board agenda
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy's biggest insurer Assicurazioni Generali (GASI.MI) said on Friday its board would not discuss a resolution of its partnership with the Czech PPF group at a board meeting on Friday.
Several newspapers said on Friday Generali could reach an agreement in January to buy the remaining 49 percent stake in a venture it has with PPF.
PPF, controlled by Czech businessman Petr Kellner, has the option to sell its 49 percent in the venture as of July 2014 to Generali or a third party for an estimated value of more than 2 billion euros.
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source