Generali to discuss central-eastern Europe strategy on Friday: sources
MILAN (Reuters) - Assicurazioni Generali (GASI.MI) will discuss on Friday its strategy in central and eastern Europe, where it operates through the Generali-PPF venture, two sources close to the matter said on Friday.
"On the agenda there is an update from the Group CEO about the growth strategy in central and eastern Europe," one of the sources said, adding that the agenda also lists a "possible decision" as a result.
Italy's biggest insurer said earlier on Friday it would not take any decision on its venture with Czech group PPF PPFGPC.UL at the board meeting on Friday, following newspaper reports the Italian insurer was set to buy it out.
The board will also examine the 2013 budget and a rationalization of the group's Italian brands.
(Reporting by Gianluca Semeraro; writing by Danilo Masoni)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image