Report: One classroom of students unaccounted for following Connecticut school shooting
NEW YORK (Reuters) - An entire classroom of students is unaccounted for following a shooting at an elementary school in suburban Connecticut on Friday, a local newspaper reported.
The Hartford Courant, citing unnamed sources, said at least 20 people were shot and that many of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom at the Sandy Hook Elementary School.
CBS News, citing unnamed officials, reported at least 27 people, including possibly 18 children, were killed when at least one shooter opened fire at the school in Newtown, Connecticut.
(Editing by Ellen Wulfhorst)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |