Gunman killed in Connecticut school shooting: ABC News
(Reuters) - The gunman in a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school has been killed, ABC News reported, citing unnamed authorities.
All public schools in Newtown, Connecticut, were placed in lockdown on Friday following a report of a shooting at one of the district's elementary schools, the superintendent's office said. Reports of casualties were unclear.
(Reporting by Daniel Trotta; Editing by Jackie Frank)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow