- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Tearful Obama calls for action after school shooting
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tearful President Barack Obama expressed "overwhelming grief" on Friday for the victims of a shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school and called on Americans to set aside politics and "take meaningful action" to prevent more tragedies of this kind.
"Our hearts are broken today," Obama said, his voice breaking at times during a nationally televised appearance in the White House briefing room.
(Reporting By Matt Spetalnick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this