Venezuela's Chavez in satisfactory condition: government
CARACAS (Reuters) - Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez is recovering "satisfactorily" from his cancer surgery in Cuba although the process remains slow, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said on Friday.
Reading the latest of regular government updates on the socialist leader's condition, three days after his operation, Villegas said the 58-year-old president had communicated with relatives and sent greetings to all Venezuelans.
"The recovery has been slow but progressive," he said.
(Reporting by Eyanir Chinea, Writing by Andrew Cawthorne; Editing by Daniel Wallis and Will Dunham)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |