Four dead as militants attack airport in northwest Pakistan
PESHAWAR Dec 15 (Reuters) - At least four people were killed when militants attacked the airport in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar on Saturday and traded gunfire with soldiers, military and health officials said.
Pakistan's army rushed reinforcements to the scene of the attack, one of the most audacious raids by Pakistani militants since an attack on a military air base in August.
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- U.S. attorney general headed for racially charged St. Louis suburb
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another