S.Africa's Ramaphosa to run for ANC deputy leader post
BLOEMFONTEIN, South Africa
BLOEMFONTEIN, South Africa Dec 16 (Reuters) - South African politician-turned-businessman Cyril Ramaphosa will contest for the post of deputy president of the ruling African National Congress (ANC), a senior party official said on Sunday.
"He is running," the official told Reuters.
This adds a new element to the internal leadership contest at an ANC conference, in which President and party leader Jacob Zuma is expected to head off a challenge to his own position from Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |