China to ensure appropriate bank loan growth in 2013: Xinhua
BEIJING (Reuters) - China will ensure appropriate growth in bank loans and social financing in 2013 to cushion the world's second-largest economy against global headwinds, the official Xinhua news agency said.
China's economy still faces global uncertainties along with rising trade protectionism, while the risk of global inflation and asset bubbles is increasing, the agency said after the close of the government's annual Central Economic Work Conference.
(Reporting by Kevin Yao; editing by Jonathan Standing)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video