Japan's new LDP government plans up to $120 billion extra budget: Kyodo
TOKYO (Reuters) - A new Japanese government headed by Liberal Democratic Party leader Shinzo Abe will draft a supplementary budget of up to 10 trillion yen ($120 billion) for the fiscal year to next March to boost the economy, Kyodo news agency said, quoting sources close to the matter.
The conservative LDP won a landslide victory over the ruling Democratic Party of Japan in Sunday's election for Japan's powerful lower house of parliament.
(Reporting by Edmund Klamann; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source