AIG begins sale of another block of AIA shares
HONG KONG Dec 17 (Reuters) - American International Group said it has commenced a sale in Hong Kong of up to all of its ordinary shares of AIA Group by means of a placing to certain institutional investors.
AIG expects to use the net proceeds from the AIA sale for general corporate purposes. The company did not disclose the size of the sale or the buyers.
AIG has a 13.69 percent stake in AIA, valued at $5.9 billion. After selling $2.02 billion in AIA shares in September, AIG was barred from selling any further shares until Dec. 10.
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |