AIG begins sale of another block of AIA shares
HONG KONG Dec 17 (Reuters) - American International Group said it has commenced a sale in Hong Kong of up to all of its ordinary shares of AIA Group by means of a placing to certain institutional investors.
AIG expects to use the net proceeds from the AIA sale for general corporate purposes. The company did not disclose the size of the sale or the buyers.
AIG has a 13.69 percent stake in AIA, valued at $5.9 billion. After selling $2.02 billion in AIA shares in September, AIG was barred from selling any further shares until Dec. 10.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade