AIG prices $6.45 bln AIA stake offering near top - source
HONG KONG Dec 18 (Reuters) - U.S. insurer American International Group has priced its $6.45 billion offering of shares in AIA Group Ltd near the top of an indicative range, a source with direct knowledge of the deal said on Tuesday, underscoring demand for the stock.
AIG priced the offering of 1.65 billion shares at HK$30.30, putting the total deal at about HK$50 billion ($6.45 billion), added the source, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. The sale had been marketed at an indicative range of HK$29.65-HK$30.65 per share.
Deutsche Bank AG and Goldman Sachs Group Inc were hired as joint global coordinators for the offering, with Citigroup Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co and Morgan Stanley also acting as bookrunners.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident