Canada competition bureau approves two hog producer takeovers
OTTAWA Dec 17 (Reuters) - Canada's Competition Bureau has approved Maple Leaf Foods Inc's C$42 million ($43 million) takeover of distressed hog producer Puratone Corp, the bureau said on Monday.
The bureau also said it approved a bid by privately held Olymel LP to buy Blue Sky, Canada's second-largest hog producer, out of receivership for C$65.25 million.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |