Canada competition bureau approves two hog producer takeovers
OTTAWA Dec 17 (Reuters) - Canada's Competition Bureau has approved Maple Leaf Foods Inc's C$42 million ($43 million) takeover of distressed hog producer Puratone Corp, the bureau said on Monday.
The bureau also said it approved a bid by privately held Olymel LP to buy Blue Sky, Canada's second-largest hog producer, out of receivership for C$65.25 million.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |