Sprint sweetens bid for Clearwire to $2.2 bln
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel Corp raised its offer for Clearwire Corp by 7 cents per share to buy the rest of the wireless service provider for $2.2 billion.
Sprint, already the majority owner, will pay $2.97 per share for just under half of Clearwire.
Sprint, whose previous offer price was criticized by some minority shareholders as too low, said the raised offer had the unanimous approval of Clearwire directors.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge