Diamond Foods reports first-quarter net loss
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Diamond Foods reported a first-quarter net loss on Monday, hurt by an accounting scandal.
The maker of Emerald nuts and Kettle chips lost $10.7 million, or 49 cents per share, in its fiscal first quarter, ended on Oct. 31, compared to net earnings of $10.8 million, or 47 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company was recently rocked by an accounting scandal that ultimately led to the restatement of financial results that wiped away $56.5 million in profits from fiscal 2010 and 2011.
Earlier this month, it reported slightly better-than-expected results for the fourth quarter, ended in July.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter