- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Shares choppy, dollar steady as Fed meets
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
Diamond Foods reports first-quarter net loss
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Diamond Foods reported a first-quarter net loss on Monday, hurt by an accounting scandal.
The maker of Emerald nuts and Kettle chips lost $10.7 million, or 49 cents per share, in its fiscal first quarter, ended on Oct. 31, compared to net earnings of $10.8 million, or 47 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company was recently rocked by an accounting scandal that ultimately led to the restatement of financial results that wiped away $56.5 million in profits from fiscal 2010 and 2011.
Earlier this month, it reported slightly better-than-expected results for the fourth quarter, ended in July.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this