Freddie Mac to sell $2.5 bln bills on Monday
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Freddie Mac, the No. 2 U.S. home funding company, said it will sell $2.5 billion reference bills on Monday.
The sale consists of $500 million of one-month bills due Jan. 14, 2013, $1.0 billion of three-month bills due March 18 2013, and $1.0 billion of six-month bills due June 17, 2013.
The bills will be sold over the Internet in a Dutch auction. In such uniform price auctions, successful bidders pay only the price of the lowest accepted bid rather than the actual price as in a conventional multiple-price auction.
Bids will be accepted from authorized dealers until 9:45 a.m. EST (1445 GMT).
Settlement is Dec 18.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square