CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends lower as Sun Life, First Quantum weigh
TORONTO, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed lower on Monday, led by declines in Sun Life Financial Inc and First Quantum Minerals Ltd after the companies announced major transactions. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index ended down 15.37 points, or 0.12 percent, at 12,281.35.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'