CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends lower as Sun Life, First Quantum weigh
TORONTO, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index closed lower on Monday, led by declines in Sun Life Financial Inc and First Quantum Minerals Ltd after the companies announced major transactions. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index ended down 15.37 points, or 0.12 percent, at 12,281.35.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor