Nikkei climbs 1.3 pct to 8-month high after LDP victory
TOKYO, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average climbed 1.3 percent to an eight-month high in early trade on Monday, boosted by a weaker yen after the conservative Liberal Democratic Party, which favours aggressive monetary easing, won Sunday's election by a landslide. The Nikkei advanced 123.41 percent to 9,860.97, while the broader Topix index gained 1 percent to 808.91.
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports