US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St advances at open on "cliff" hope
NEW YORK Dec 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Monday as investors were encouraged by signs of movement on "fiscal cliff" negotiations over the weekend.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 32.10 points, or 0.24 percent, to 13,167.11. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 3.92 points, or 0.28 percent, to 1,417.50. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 5.94 points, or 0.20 percent, to 2,977.28.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- EU imposes sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data