US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St advances at open on "cliff" hope
NEW YORK Dec 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened higher on Monday as investors were encouraged by signs of movement on "fiscal cliff" negotiations over the weekend.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 32.10 points, or 0.24 percent, to 13,167.11. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 3.92 points, or 0.28 percent, to 1,417.50. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 5.94 points, or 0.20 percent, to 2,977.28.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |