Russia's Globaltrans says in talks to buy MMK-Trans
MOSCOW Dec 17 (Reuters) - Russian freight operator Globaltrans said on Monday it is engaged in exclusive talks over potential acquisition of MMK-Trans, a subsidiary of steelmaker MMK.
"The potential acquisition of MMK-Trans is consistent with the group's strategy to seek out growth both organically and by means of selective acquisition," the company said.
It added it was also negotiating a long-term contract for the transportation of MMK's freight rail volumes. The company provided no financial details of the deal.
Business daily Kommersant reported last week Globaltrans could buy MMK-Trans for around $300 million.
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- U.S. attorney general heads for racially charged St. Louis suburb
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |