STXNEWS LATAM-Goldman Sachs reaffirms Vale's 'buy' rating on asset sales
Analysts at Goldman Sachs Group led by Marcelo Aguiar said in a report on Monday that potential sales of non-core assets at mining giant Vale SA expected for next year "would be one of the key drivers to improve the company's returns." Aguiar, who cited in his report a newspaper interview with Vale Chief Executive Officer Murilo Ferreira, said the world's largest iron ore producer could announce the sale of two assets in the oil and gas sector in the coming weeks and a strategic partnership that could take a stake between 30 percent and 50 percent in the company's logistic business.
"We would view asset divestitures as a source of funds to raise the company's dividend outlook," Aguiar said, adding that $0.56 dividend per share excluding sales of non-core assets. Goldman has a "buy" recommendation on Vale's U.S.-traded shares, with a price target of $19.70.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |