Sun Life to sell US annuity business for $1.35 bln
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Canada's Sun Life Financial Inc said it will sell its U.S. annuity business and some life insurance businesses for $1.35 billion to Delaware Life Holdings, a company owned by shareholders of institutional asset manager Guggenheim Partners.
Sun Life said the deal will reduce its risk profile and help focus its U.S. insurance operations on its growing employee benefits and voluntary benefits franchises.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols