Sun Life to sell US annuity business for $1.35 bln
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Canada's Sun Life Financial Inc said it will sell its U.S. annuity business and some life insurance businesses for $1.35 billion to Delaware Life Holdings, a company owned by shareholders of institutional asset manager Guggenheim Partners.
Sun Life said the deal will reduce its risk profile and help focus its U.S. insurance operations on its growing employee benefits and voluntary benefits franchises.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change