Sun Life to sell US annuity business for $1.35 bln
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Canada's Sun Life Financial Inc said it will sell its U.S. annuity business and some life insurance businesses for $1.35 billion to Delaware Life Holdings, a company owned by shareholders of institutional asset manager Guggenheim Partners.
Sun Life said the deal will reduce its risk profile and help focus its U.S. insurance operations on its growing employee benefits and voluntary benefits franchises.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video