U.S. Democratic Senator Daniel Inouye dead at 88
WASHINGTON Dec 17 (Reuters) - U.S. Democratic Senator Daniel Inouye, one of the longest- serving members of Congress, died on Monday, Senate Leader Harry Reid said on the chamber's floor.
Inouye, who was 88, had been hospitalized fighting a respiratory illness. He was the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter