NRC may issue decision in March on San Onofre 2 reactor restart
HOUSTON Dec 17 (Reuters) - The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission may issue a decision on whether operators of the damaged San Onofre Unit 2 nuclear reactor in California can be restarted in March, according to a timeline on the agency's website.
Both San Onofre reactors, which are owned by Edison International and Sempra Energy, have been shut since early 2012 after the discovery of premature tube wear in the units' steam generators.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |