Nielsen to buy Arbitron for $1.26 bln
Dec 18 (Reuters) - Nielsen Holdings NV, known for its television viewership ratings, agreed to buy media and marketing research firm Arbitron Inc in a deal worth $1.26 billion.
The $48 per share offer represents a 26 percent premium to Arbitron's Monday close on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |