Nielsen to buy Arbitron for $1.26 bln
Dec 18 (Reuters) - Nielsen Holdings NV, known for its television viewership ratings, agreed to buy media and marketing research firm Arbitron Inc in a deal worth $1.26 billion.
The $48 per share offer represents a 26 percent premium to Arbitron's Monday close on the New York Stock Exchange.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls