Esprit warns of loss for six months ended December
HONG KONG Dec 18 (Reuters) - Europe-focused retailer Esprit Holdings Ltd warned on Tuesday it may post a loss for the six months ended December due to worse-than-expected operating results for the period.
The company said in a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange that it would continue to focus its efforts on rebuilding the brand, improving the quality of its products and enhancing its supply chain network.
The warning comes after Esprit in September missed earnings forecasts and said a slowing Chinese economy and lingering euro zone problems continued to pose risks to its business. (Reporting by Anne Marie Roantree; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media