Rosneft offers India's ONGC role in two Magadan blocks -minister
NEW DELHI Dec 18 (Reuters) - Russia's Rosneft has invited the overseas investment arm of India's state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp to jointly explore two blocks in the Sea of Okhotsk, Indian Oil Minister Veerappa Moily said on Tuesday.
The firm, ONGC Videsh Ltd, is evaluating data relating to the Magadan-2 and Magadan-3 blocks, Moily told lawmakers in a written reply.
India imports about 80 percent of its oil needs and is on the hunt for supplies to power its nearly $2 trillion economy while Russia is keen to tap its vast offshore reserves.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season