Iraqi president Talabani in "critical" condition after stroke
BAGHDAD Dec 18 (Reuters) - Iraqi President Jalal Talabani suffered a stroke and is in a "critical but stable condition" in a Baghdad hospital, three government sources said on Tuesday.
"He was transferred to hospital late last night after suffering a stroke," a senior Kurdish official said.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat