BOJ's Shirakawa to visit next Japan PM Abe at 0400 GMT -Jiji
TOKYO Dec 18 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa will visit Japan's next Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at his party headquarters in Tokyo at 0400 GMT (1300 JST), Jiji news agency reported on Tuesday.
Abe has been piling pressure on the central bank to ease monetary policy, saying it should respect Sunday's election results that showed public support for his calls for more aggressive monetary stimulus.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |