Jefferies reports higher fourth-quarter profit
Dec 18 (Reuters) - Jefferies Group Inc reported a stronger adjusted fourth-quarter profit as the investment bank benefited from higher income from its fixed income unit.
Net income rose to $72 million, or 31 cents per share, from $48 million, or 21 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company, which has agreed to be bought by its biggest shareholder, Leucadia National Corp for $2.76 billion, earned 35 cents per share on an adjusted basis.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York