MALAYSIA-PRESS-Energy Commission floats tender for two coal plants-The Edge
The Energy Commission (EC) is calling for tenders for two new coal power plants totaling 3,000MW in capacity, to be commissioned between 2017 and 2019.
According to a statement by the regulator, the first 1,000MW will be for a coal-fired power plant on a fast-track basis, operational by October 2017. The second is for a 2,000MW coal-fired plant to be built on a greenfield site to be commissioned by 2018 or 2019.
The regulator said: "The EC is currently inviting prospective bidders to participate in the pre-qualification process by identifying suitable partners as well as project sites."
The EC said those who were interested should pick up a Request For Qualification (RFQ) document. The RFQ will be issued up to January 4. -The Edge
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak