Nikkei rises, extending Monday's gains after LDP win
TOKYO, Dec 18 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged higher in early trade on Tuesday, extending the previous session's gains after the conservative Liberal Democratic Party won a landslide election. The Nikkei rose 0.4 percent to 9,863.11, while the broader Topix index gained 0.4 percent to 810.82.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter