US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P gains over 1 pct as Wall St extends rally
NEW YORK Dec 18 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Tuesday, with the S&P 500 Index up more than 1 percent to a two-month high as "fiscal cliff" negotiations appeared to advance in Congress.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 122.32 points, or 0.92 percent, to 13,357.71. The S&P 500 gained 16.58 points, or 1.16 percent, to 1,446.94. The Nasdaq Composite added 43.50 points, or 1.44 percent, to 3,054.10.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine