US says it has reached e-books settlement with Penguin
WASHINGTON Dec 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday it has reached a settlement with Pearson Plc's Penguin Group in the government's investigation of alleged price-setting in the e-book market.
In a statement, the Justice Department's antitrust office said it will continue to press its case against defendants Apple Inc and Holtzbrinck Publishers LLC.
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report