Renault to sign Algeria factory deal on Wednesday
PARIS Dec 18 (Reuters) - French automaker Renault will sign on Wednesday an agreement to build its first factory in Algeria, a spokeswoman told Reuters, confirming a report in daily newspaper Le Figaro.
The agreement will coincide with a visit by French President Francois Hollande and will be signed by the group's regional manager, Jean-Christophe Kugler, and Algeria's industry minister, the spokeswoman added.
Le Figaro said in a preview of its Tuesday edition that Algeria would own 51 percent of the factory, with Renault holding the rest. (Reporting by Gilles Guillaume; Writing by Elena Berton; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Pennsylvania sniper held without bail in trooper shooting |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows