Sanderson Farms results beat estimates as poultry prices rise
Dec 18 (Reuters) - U.S. chicken producer Sanderson Farms Inc posted better-than-expected quarterly results, helped by higher prices.
Net income was $9.3 million, or 41 cents per share, for the fourth quarter, compared with net loss of $21.56 million, or 97 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose about 16 percent to $648.4 million.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 32 cents per share on revenue of $635.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |