Sanderson Farms results beat estimates as poultry prices rise
Dec 18 (Reuters) - U.S. chicken producer Sanderson Farms Inc posted better-than-expected quarterly results, helped by higher prices.
Net income was $9.3 million, or 41 cents per share, for the fourth quarter, compared with net loss of $21.56 million, or 97 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose about 16 percent to $648.4 million.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 32 cents per share on revenue of $635.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case