Sanderson Farms results beat estimates as poultry prices rise
Dec 18 (Reuters) - U.S. chicken producer Sanderson Farms Inc posted better-than-expected quarterly results, helped by higher prices.
Net income was $9.3 million, or 41 cents per share, for the fourth quarter, compared with net loss of $21.56 million, or 97 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose about 16 percent to $648.4 million.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 32 cents per share on revenue of $635.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season