Some bondholders losses in Spain banks to be fully compensated-govt
MADRID Dec 18 (Reuters) - Junior bondholders who were missold preference shares by Spanish banks could receive a 100 percent compensation, Spain's Economy Minister Luis de Guindos said on Tuesday.
"We are making an effort so that those people who were affected by improper selling and can prove it will be compensated 100 percent of the nominal value of the investment," de Guindos said at a parliamentary hearing.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter