Shares of Telefonica Peru unit rise 10 pct in heavy volume
LIMA Dec 18 (Reuters) - Shares of Telefonica's Peruvian unit rose 10 percent to 2.3 soles on Tuesday in heavy volume of $1.5 billion, according to traders and data from Lima's stock exchange.
Telefonica, the Spanish telephony giant, has been locked in negotiations with Peru's government about having its local concession renewed.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Huge blaze out of control in Tripoli battle as Libya slides into chaos |