AIG prices $6.45 billion AIA stake offering near top: source
HONG KONG (Reuters) - U.S. insurer American International Group (AIG.N) has priced its $6.45 billion offering of shares in AIA Group Ltd (1299.HK) near the top of an indicative range, a source with direct knowledge of the deal said on Tuesday, underscoring demand for the stock.
AIG priced the offering of 1.65 billion shares at HK$30.30, putting the total deal at about HK$50 billion ($6.45 billion), added the source, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. The sale had been marketed at an indicative range of HK$29.65-HK$30.65 per share.
Deutsche Bank AG (DBKGn.DE) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS.N) were hired as joint global coordinators for the offering, with Citigroup Inc (C.N), JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) and Morgan Stanley (MS.N) also acting as bookrunners.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food