EU to award rest of green energy fund within 12 months
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Commission aims to award remaining funding for renewable energy and carbon capture projects within the coming 12 months, EU Environment Commissioner Connie Hedegaard said on Tuesday.
"Within 12 months, we should be able to award the second round," Hedegaard told a news conference.
The Commission on Tuesday awarded 1.2 billion euros to innovative renewable energy project under a first round of a competition, but failed to pick a winner for CCS category.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry