EU to award rest of green energy fund within 12 months
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Commission aims to award remaining funding for renewable energy and carbon capture projects within the coming 12 months, EU Environment Commissioner Connie Hedegaard said on Tuesday.
"Within 12 months, we should be able to award the second round," Hedegaard told a news conference.
The Commission on Tuesday awarded 1.2 billion euros to innovative renewable energy project under a first round of a competition, but failed to pick a winner for CCS category.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |