Iraqi president Talabani in "critical" condition after stroke
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi President Jalal Talabani suffered a stroke and is in a "critical but stable condition" in a Baghdad hospital, three government sources said on Tuesday.
"He was transferred to hospital late last night after suffering a stroke," a senior Kurdish official said.
(Reporting by Suadad al-Salhy; writing by Patrick Markey; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details