- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
New York's public pension fund reviewing gun maker investments
(Reuters) - New York State's public pension fund is reviewing its investments in firearms manufacturers in the wake of the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, a spokesman for New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli said on Tuesday.
The fund also supports Cerberus Capital Management LP's move to sell its stake in the Freedom Group, which makes the AR-15-type Bushmaster rifle used in the attack, DiNapoli spokesman Eric Sumberg said in a statement.
The pension fund has been an investor with Cerberus, according to a list of assets on the fund's website.
(Reporting by Hilary Russ)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this