Liverpool's Suso fined for Twitter comment
LONDON (Reuters) - Liverpool forward Suso has been fined 10,000 pounds ($16,200) for a comment he posted on Twitter, the FA said on Tuesday.
Suso was responding to his team mate Jose Enrique posting a photograph of himself getting his teeth whitened.
"What the f*** is he doing? This guy is gay...he does everything except play football," tweeted Suso, who accepted the charge that he had brought the game into disrepute.
The 19-year-old Spaniard, who has made 13 first-team appearances for Liverpool this season, was also warned as to his future conduct by the FA.
(Reporting by Ed Osmond, editing by Clare Fallon)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel