Liverpool's Suso fined for Twitter comment
LONDON (Reuters) - Liverpool forward Suso has been fined 10,000 pounds ($16,200) for a comment he posted on Twitter, the FA said on Tuesday.
Suso was responding to his team mate Jose Enrique posting a photograph of himself getting his teeth whitened.
"What the f*** is he doing? This guy is gay...he does everything except play football," tweeted Suso, who accepted the charge that he had brought the game into disrepute.
The 19-year-old Spaniard, who has made 13 first-team appearances for Liverpool this season, was also warned as to his future conduct by the FA.
(Reporting by Ed Osmond, editing by Clare Fallon)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions