Fitch says policy decisions key for Puerto Rico debt ratings
Dec 18 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Tuesday said its BBB-plus rating on Puerto Rico's debt rests largely on fiscal progress made by the U.S. commonwealth's outgoing government and may be affected by possible policy shifts by Governor-elect Alejandro Garcia Padilla.
"Maintenance of the rating will require policy decisions that continue this progress and achieve budget balance and a slowing in the growth of long-term liabilities, including passing significant pension reform," Fitch said in a statement.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source