EU extends investigation deadline for Ahlstrom, Munksjo merger
HELSINKI Dec 19 (Reuters) - EU antitrust regulators have extended the deadline for an investigation into the proposed merger of Swedish firm Munksjo and a unit of Finnish company Ahlstrom.
The competition authority said on its website it will extend the decision deadline by a half a month to May 16, without elaborating its reasons.
Earlier this month, the regulators said a preliminary investigation of the merger indicated potential competition concerns.
Ahlstrom is planning to spin off its speciality paper business by combining it with privately-held Munksjo and listing the new group in Helsinki early next year. (Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist