EU extends investigation deadline for Ahlstrom, Munksjo merger
HELSINKI Dec 19 (Reuters) - EU antitrust regulators have extended the deadline for an investigation into the proposed merger of Swedish firm Munksjo and a unit of Finnish company Ahlstrom.
The competition authority said on its website it will extend the decision deadline by a half a month to May 16, without elaborating its reasons.
Earlier this month, the regulators said a preliminary investigation of the merger indicated potential competition concerns.
Ahlstrom is planning to spin off its speciality paper business by combining it with privately-held Munksjo and listing the new group in Helsinki early next year. (Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'