Brazil gasoline prices to rise in 2013 - finance minister says
BRASILIA Dec 19 (Reuters) - Brazil's government will "certainly" raise gasoline prices in 2013, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said in a breakfast meeting with reporters on Wednesday.
Mantega said the government would detail more stimulus measures for Brazil's economy at 4:30 p.m. local time (1830 GMT).
Mantega added that the government would extend payroll tax breaks for more sectors and would unveil changes to the IPI tax on cars for 2013.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |