Brazil real gains 1 pct as central bank boosts dollar liquidity
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Dec 19 (Reuters) - The Brazilian real gained 1 percent on Wednesday after a series of central bank actions to boost dollar liquidity in the past few days, including the sale of as much as $2 billion with repurchase agreement earlier in the session.
The real last traded at 2.0679 per dollar, about 1 percent stronger than Tuesday's close.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing jet could slow Malaysian Airline's return to profit